1.11.2016

30th Birthday and a day at PCAS

I turned 30! :))))



It was M's birthday a few days before me and we just had a simple celebration for him.
A bucket of chicken joy (free from BPI lolz) and our fave donut. 
Then came saturday with my family, we had a simple lunch feast and merienda.

For our celebration, I just wanted a simple and meaningful one so we booked a visit PCAS (Paws and Claws Animal Sanctuary) in Bulacan. We brought some donations and also our cake to share with their staff. I'm also very excited to see our sponsored dog Vino ( they changed his name to Leo) but the name "Vino" already stuck in my mind.


The sanctuary:
The long roof in the left side is for the dog's kennels and the right one is the cattery.



Vino's kennel



The dogs kennels are very spacious. Some dogs are in cage because they have conditions and need to be isolated..



 sick puppies guarded by a duck 



This puppy named Aki, is roaming free :)

In the cattery...

cats' names



this one wants me to carry her :)




very malambing one



The staff are very accommodating. They even bought softdrinks and sang "Happy Birthday" for us :)
This is ate rachel holding Vino. Special thanks also to kuya Erwin, kuya Eddie, kuya nestor and ate jenny ( I hope I remembered their names correctly)



Vino is such a fluffy and beautiful dog.




Snowbell met Vino :)




Tired snowbell


I do hope that they walk every single dog outside of their kennels to minimize the need to clean the kennels everyday. We were not able to bring some cleaning materials, I think they need a lot of those - detergents, gloves, sponge, garbage bags etc.

I would say, it was a nice, inspiring and opening experience for me.
 It was a great stress reliever and I felt ready to take on the week.
It inspired me to be more, to give more.


Seriously, even if we don't have the means to adopt a pet for now, we can sponsor, donate or volunteer. This kind of non profit organization relies heavily on donations so we really need to help them so they can also help a lot of furry friends.

For more info:

About the sanctuary




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...