10.20.2013

Healthy Inspiration: Black Rice


I chanced upon on this tv program 'Healing Galing' that my aunt was watching that BlackRice is good for those with  iron deficiency. "Kahit walang ulam"  So I thought of including it on my grocery list :) 

Black rice is available in all leading supermarket, this vacuum packed cost around P120+


They take a long time to cook, you need to soak it first for 30mins and double the water measure when cooking. They turned into purple color when cooked.

I don't have a fancy recipe for it, I thought I can prepare it with salad or in a veggie wrap. Its nutty taste makes it easy to pair with any kind of veggies.



Aside from vitamins and minerals, black rice is also rich in antioxidants. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...