1.10.2014

My 28th Birthday

My 28th (jan8) and his 29th (jan4) bday :)

Last weekend, we had a simple celebration at home where my mom prepared pancit (her specialty), unpictured graham cake and sisig. I also prepared the penne pesto pasta (using fresh basil leaves), salad greens and baked a small chocolate cake :D

It was my first time to cook pesto for them and they liked it. (as expected ;p)

I used a simple recipe for the supposed to be 'cake' - rye flour, eggs, dark chocolate and oil. It did not rise because I did not put baking soda. I melted some dark chocolate truffles for the 'icing'.

We also watched some netflix movies - End of Watch (slow-paced movie) and the Escape from Planet Earth which is a funny animated movie. 


On the day of my birthday, I was treated with cake and pizza by my colleagues.


And then mike surprised me (making up for greeting me late), I thought he was at work all day.
 I came home with some food from Ambers.
Snowbell had a tasty dinner too, she loves the BBQ.


Another treat while having our Ambers dinner was watching Sherlock: The Sign of Three - light, funny and brilliant just like last week's comeback episode, had a good laugh. After 1 year of waiting, they finally released the season 3. 

 I have to remind myself that this is a different (modern) Sherlock adaptation, being the fictional character I respect the most, there are some scenes I don't approve esp. on 'The Empty Hearse'.. But this 2nd episode ended very well and I was really touched, I bet other audience would also say 'awwwww' :)

I love the camera shots in this scene:
via

Very nice that I saw this on my bday ^_^


3 comments:

  1. Belated happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I nominated you for The Liebster Award! :) Here: http://nix-sayo.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. super belated birthday greetings here jewel, i know it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...